Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

That Lonesome, Empty Feeling

So we dropped of the boys at their grandparents this weekend.  The lead up to that moment was pretty emotional.  We're leaving in a few days and have a number of things to do before we fly out, but the reality of not seeing my kids for three weeks is a bit overwhelming.  I know that once we land in Amsterdam and start seeing the sights and visiting family it will be fine.  But I've had these waves of emotion pass over me and I've been working to keep them at bay.  I've been away from my boys for stretches before, but not like this.  They've never been much farther than a few hours away; and certainly I've never been on a different continent than them.

I know people deal with this all the time.  The world will not come to a screeching halt because I'm away from my children for a few weeks.  But still.  Happier posts to come soon methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment